Welcome to the South City Roundup! We are honored to share in your recovery. We’re excited to share with you information about the new name and the annual event. We are confident our newly defined mission aligns with the principles of recovery and our hope is that it finds you surrounded with the warmth of fellowship. Allow me to personally invite you to join us in Atlanta for the 2016 South City Roundup, Labor Day weekend, September 2, 2016 through September 5, 2016. Thank you for visiting us.
We’ve Changed for You
Last year’s symbolic Hotlanta Roundup theme, “Reconstruction Ahead” alluded that change was coming. With the new name comes a new vision of what the roundup will offer you. Whether you identify as male, female or transgender, gay, lesbian, straight or queer, new to recovery, coming back, or have long term sobriety, we want you to feel included and we need you.
The mission of the South City Roundup is to positively impact all twelve-step fellowships by offering an inclusive and spiritual experience. By focusing on hospitality, principles and relationships, the roundup strives to provide honest and sincere service to the recovery community and an atmosphere of fellowship.
About the Event
“In fit spiritual condition” seems like the perfect theme to launch our new identity. After all, our spiritual condition is based on a program of action. It is each of our responsibility to carry the message and to be there when someone reaches out for help. The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous says that “What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition.” Come join us on this journey as we explore spirituality, brotherly love and service!
“We are neither cocky nor are we afraid. That is our experience. That is how we react so long as we remain’in fit spiritual condition’.” -Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 85
Some of the event highlights include:
- The 2016 main-stage speaker lineup will include AA, NA, CMA and ALANON.
- Programming and Entertainment is taking advantage of out-of-town resources to bring in fresh, meaningful programs and exciting new entertainment.
- Program tracks will allow you to easily plan the best workshops suited for your recovery.
- Roundup liaisons will be there to help you throughout the event.
- The Roundup-Away layaway program allows you to pay just a little bit each month to make the event more affordable.
- Scholarships are available. No one will get turned away if they can’t afford the event; all we ask is that you participate with us.
If you have questions, comments or suggestions, I would love to hear from you.
Graciously and Humbly In Service,
Michael JS | 2016 Chair
South City Roundup